Saturday, February 12, 2011

Face #29.

I was looking at some watercolor portraits online today, and I realized that I have a problem. I can't just appreciate someone else's artwork without being jealous! I had to try it myself. I'm pretty excited though, because after a long day I didn't get to start my project until close to midnight, but I still had the motivation to get out all of my painting stuff and whip something out. This is not normal for me - but I have a feeling it might become that way!


There was some drippage from the left eye while I was trying to take a picture of it. Darn.
Do you recognize this face???

Also, today I was thinking that it would be fun to start taking photos of people to use as references for my artwork. This would be good for several reasons:
1. Social interaction.
2. Photography practice.
3. Variety.
4. Fun.

So... if you have a face and would like to volunteer to be my model, just let me know.


2 comments:

  1. Julia Roberts?
    I am totally the same way- always jealous when I look at other people's work. Like yours. :) I love it! It's great. I'll definitely be following your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    I felt the same way when looking at your bird project. I really like the variety you put into it, super inspiring! I love the title, too!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments!