Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Face #19. Kites.

I made a collage similar to this a couple of weeks ago, but it didn't quite turn out as I had hoped. One thing that has been frustrating with collages is that the paper curls up.... I noticed that some artists use a block of wood as a canvas, which is kind of cool because you can just hang it straight on the wall without a frame. I asked my hubby if he had any spare boards laying around that might work, and it just so happened that he had just torn a wall out of the bathroom (yes, that very day) of our 90 year old house that was full of cedar boards with old newspapers plastered to them. So I recycled them and got a pile of new wooden canvases!

It's a little messy, but I like that the kites are bigger and the people are smaller.

This is the original one:

Justin was bugging me because there's not really a face in today's piece - but I said, "They have faces! You just can't see them!"
I can make up my own rules! That's what great about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments!